Possible scammer alert

Fragrance samples and decants

Moderator: keithu

Rorschuck

Post by Rorschuck »

Thanks for the heads-up! I was wondering why you were asking...

d4

PayPal

Post by d4 »

How utterly bizarre. This is about the last place I'd expect someone to exploit a hacked PayPal account.

I have a somewhat related story, not necessarily relevant to the matter at hand. ;)

Some time ago I saw a $2,000.00 PayPal charge and a $2,000.00 credit the same day. I figured maybe PayPal was testing something, or perhaps it was an error of some kind, but I didn't worry too much since nothing was missing. But next time I tried to use the account it was locked, and when I called PayPal they told me someone had compromised the account and I should notify all my financial institutions and add a fraud alert to my file with the credit bureaus. I did this and found some other suspicious accounts in my name, with no balances fortunately, so I simply closed them. I suffered no real harm, but I'm much more careful about privacy these days.

Mudassir

Post by Mudassir »

Me too!

What I don't get is paypal placed a hold for 75 days as its supposedly the credit card company thats "investigating". I believe paypal is doing it on their own. I have never heard of a credit card company either holding funds from their card holder or from the merchant something was purchased while they "investigate". I asked paypal why is there a hold again, when they had investigated and resolved it themselves. No reply yet.

Mudassir

Post by Mudassir »

SirSlarty,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost aroud $150 as well. I am more pissed at Paypal than that jerk. What the hell are they good for? I asked them plainly and simply as to what my obligations are to make sure I am getting a legit payment, and what kind of responsibilities does Paypal has in a transaction. How am I supposed to verify any kind of payment when all the data is for paypal. What the hell do they charge the 3-5% fees for.

gupts

Post by gupts »

Sorry to hear about your loss mate....

Is there any website(s) where we can possibly go and check if the person making an inquiry is a possible scammer?